The Director of Social Services position at Aguila, Inc. manages all aspects of the social services component of a program.
- Directs overall management of the social services component of a contract.
- Responsible for ensuring that all social services, including programming, staffing patterns, and case records comply with NYC regulations as well as with Aguila's Policies and Procedures. They will also act as Director in the Director's absence.
- Ensures that the program design provides structure and fosters an environment which
- facilitates the assessment of the client’s needs.
- ensures that comprehensive case management and other social services are adequately provided
- provides referral services for clients to appropriate community based services
- assists all client’s in securing alternative housing quickly.
- Ensures that all client intake and orientation occurs within 24 hours, and that
- A plan is developed assessing the client’s preliminary needs and exit strategy,
- comprehensive Independent Living Plans are created promptly upon client’s arrival.
- All clients receive and adhere to facility rules, and DHS Client Responsibilities.
- Supervises social services staff and coordinates or executes any necessary training.
- Coordinates responses to funder requests, and attends funder meetings.
- Coordinates necessary conferences, and ensures compliance with rules and client rights and responsibilities.
- Prepares and coordinates reports, responses to inspection and audits.
- Represents program director at meetings when required.
- Serves as a community liaison for program. Attends community board meetings monthly.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties, and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands, and work environment conditions
It is the policy of Aguila, Inc. to provide a comprehensive health care insurance package. Aguila, Inc. has designed a health insurance program that includes medical, dental, and vision at no cost to employees.