Reporting to the Management team, the Program Director is responsible for the overall management of the program and guiding the program in achieving its goal of assisting clients in overcoming barriers to finding permanent housing. The Program Director manages and directs a comprehensive program of social services including assessment, counseling and linkage with entitlement, health and educational programs and services in order to strengthen the independent living skills and to ensure the successful search for employment, and expeditious placement into permanent housing of homeless families.
Some of the duties of the Program Director are:
- Directing the overall management of program operations.
- Ensuring compliance with NYS Part 900 regulations.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the social service supervisors and support staff.
- Ensuring the management of program services, fiscal operations and budget control, community and government relations and community groups.
- Responsible for the operation of the program in accordance with all funding source regulations.
- Coordinating all departments to make sure that vacant units are available for occupancy.
- Ensuring that the social services components of the program are delivered according to funder and contract expectations.
- Overseeing record-keeping, statistical reporting and billing.
- Serving as the key liaison to the funder and responding to funder requests in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Managing the program’s budget and developing appropriate spending plans.
- Responsible for ensuring building is maintained according to agency policies and all life-safety issues are addressed.
- Preparing and coordinating any reports, responses to inspection reports and/or audits.
- Coordinates necessary case conferences.
- Attends funder meetings.
- On call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The position description is a guide to the critical duties, and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands, and work environment conditions.
The prefered candidate will have a Master's Degree in a related field, with at least 5 years' social services experience, preferably in a shelter setting. Prior DHS experience is highly desired. A thorough knowledge of casework practice, proven supervisory, and staff development skills. Computer literate specifically with Microsoft applications required, excellent written, verbal and Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus. A masters degree in social work is prefered.
It is the policy of Aguila, Inc. to provide a comprehensive health care insurance package. Aguila, Inc. has designed a health insurance program that includes medical, dental, and vision at no cost to employees.